Description : How to Manage your Shell Access in your Shared Web Hosting account.
Note : Prior to following this guide, you need to make sure that your SSH access has been enabled previously by our support as show in this article.
In this tutorial, we will see how to create and use the public and private keys to authentify yourself in SSH
1) Login to your web hosting control panel (http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel)
2) Click on the SSH / Shell Access icon inside cPanel
3) Click on Manage SSH Keys
4) Click on Generate a New Key
5) Define an username and a password to be encrypted in your key.
6) You can also play on the encryption settings (Key Type / Key Size)
7) Click on Generate Key
8) You are now back on your Manage SSH Keys panel. And you can click on View / Download.
9) The public key which is the one that will remain on your server to be compared with your private keys. You can save / download it.
10) You would need to click on Manage Authorization in order to authorize your key to access your account in SSH.
11) Once your account has been authorized, you can click on View / Download under the private keys section and save your file.
That's it! You have generated, authorized and downloaded your Private SSH key. You'll be able to use it in a SSH program to connect to your web hosting account in SSH.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Description : Disclaimer : This how to assumes that you have changed your DNS settings at your...
Is the Shell Access (SSH) available on our Shared Web Hosting offers?Yes, we do offer a SSH...
All of our shared web hosting plans are coming with the possibility to set up cron...
Description : Learn How to create your own Website BackupNote : With this tutorial you'll be able...
Note : This tutorial will teach you how to create a database and how to add an authorized user to...