Following a Windows VPS Upgrade performed from the Windows control panel or by our support, you would then need to expand your partition in order to benefit from the increased disk space. It will instruct Windows that it may use the extra disk.
You are able to either expand or create a new partition (D:\). Giving the performance decrease a new partition may involve, we recommend to opt for a partition expansion as indicated in the guide.
This guide applies to Windows Server 2016 / 2019
1) Open the Start Menu and Search for "Computer Management". Click on It
2) On the Computer Manager, double click on "Storage"
3) Then, at the next panel, double click on "Disk Management(Local)"
4) You may now see the current partition layout and you may right click on C:\ and select "Extend Volume".
5) On the Wizzard popping up, you may click on "Next" twice and click on Finish. It will automatically allocate all available free space onto the partition you are expending.
That's it! The volume is now taking advantage of your upgrade. You will not need to restart the VPS following the operation and the disk space is instantly available.