Description : Learn How to create your own Website Backup
Note : With this tutorial you'll be able to generate a full backup of your web hosting account which includes all your settings, email accounts, databases, files and your cPanel configuration. Such file would be requested by our support for any transfer to our shared web hosting services. Please note, that while we do perform a daily backup of your web hosting accounts and a monthly one, we warmly recommend you to to take regular backup of your web hosting data.
1) Login to your cPanel account
2) Click on the "Backup Wizard" icon within your control panel
3) Click on the "Back Up" button
4) On the "Full Or Partial Backup" section, you would need to click on the "Full Backup" button in order to backup everything. (Web Files, All Databases, Databases Users, Email Accounts, and all cPanel settings)
5) On the next stage, set the Backup Destination to "Home Directory" and the enter your Email Address. Therefore, you'll be notified of the backup completion to your email was processed.
6) Once, you have received an email or if you desire to download any backup you had generated you may replicate the same steps and you'll notice the "Backup Available for Download". It may take a while for your backup to be ready according to the current backup queue and your web hosting account size.
You may click on the backup you would like to download on your computer. It is warmly recommended to store your backup locally.
If you desire a remote destination on the step 4. You may opt for a SCP or even a FTP location. In which case you may find below the description of the required fields.
7) In the Remote Server field, you want to type your FTP hostname which could either be an IP address or a domain name.
8) In the Remote User field, you would need to type your FTP username
9) In the Remote Password, you would need to type your FTP passsord
10) In the Port (FTP/SCP), you would need to type your FTP port. It is generally 21 for FTP and 22 for SCP. Note, that some providers may customized these ports.
11) In the Remote Dir, you would need to specify the directory of your remote server where you want to place your backup. The default value shall be / which is the default mounting point.
11) Then, click on Generate Backup and you'll be directed to a page showing that your backup is in progress.