In this tutorial, you'll learn how to restore a cPanel backup from a backup you had performed previously.
If you would like to know how to generate a cPanel archive file, you may head to the guide below:
Once, you have your cPanel backup archive also called cpmove file, you may proceed with the steps below:
1) Login to your cPanel account
2) Click on the "Backup Wizard" icon within your control panel
3) Once, on the backup wizard page, you may click on "Restore"
4) In the stage "Select Restore Type", click on "Home Directory" unless you have a different backup content to restore which was specified upon the backup file generation. The "Home Directory" option would overwrite all your web hosting account from the file. It will then be at the exact same state it was at the backup time. All data in between would be lost. It is generally recommend to perform & download a backup before starting a restoration so there are no risk of unexpected data loss.
5) Finally, on the "Restore" stage, you may select your cPanel archive file from your computer and click on Upload.
According to the size of your cPanel archive file and your internet connection, it may take a while to be fully recovered. Once completed, you'll have a confirmation messages and all the data would be recovered.
That's it! It isn't more complicated for you to reinstate your cPanel account and all your web hosting services at an earlier state.