This guide will show you how to upgrade your Windows VPS resources after purchasing an upgrade from your client area.
The upgrade are instantly processed following the payment and it will give you access to your resources instantly.
However, a Windows VPS upgrade requires a VPS restart and therefore you'll be able to plan for you restart from your Windows VPS control panel by manually allocate the resources at the best timing for you.
1) Log in to your Windows Control Panel at this URL:
2) Go to your VPS Management Window, by clicking on HyperV, then click on your VPS name and you should see the following Windows.
You would need to click on Configuration.
3) It will take you to your VPS configuration page on which you would need to click on Edit Configuration as show in the screenshot below:
4) You'll now be able to edit your VPS resources (CPU cores, Amount of RAM, and the HDD / SSD storage. You would need to specify the values you now benefit from your upgrade. Once, you are done, you would need to click on Update.
5) Upon clicking on the configuration update button you should now be prompted with a pop up to restart your VPS as shown below:
The restart process would take a couple of minutes and your Windows VPS will be boot up with all the resources of your ugpraded plan.
For the hard drive space upgrade to occur, you would need to expand your partition over the new unallocated space and you may refer to the following guides according to your Windows VPS version:
- How To Expand Your Windows VPS Hard Drive on Windows Server 2008
- How To Expand Your Windows VPS Hard Drive on Windows Server 2012